If you’re ready to “unplug and reconnect” as a family this Summer, then a beautiful beach is the place. Besides swimming, there are some of the most fun things that you and your family can do at the beach. By day, you can go hiking on nearby trails, have a great beach picnic, go surfing, play Frisbee, look for dolphins, have a bonfire party, and explore shorelines by cycling. At night, you can camp by the beach, gazing at the stars in the beautiful sky, falling asleep with waves rolling ashore. What a perfect day!
But taking a family beach trip is not an easy thing, it can quickly take a turn for the worst if you don’t pack the right gear and you are not aware of the risks. So in this post, we will collect a list of some useful tips and tricks that can help you get a perfect family beach vacation.
- For a family beach camping, choosing the destination is the most important step. Think about which type of beach will fit your family: Shell and sea glass beaches, pebble beaches, or sandy beaches? Depending on what you want to do.
- Waves can be mellow and safe; also can be large and dangerous. So always be wary of big waves, be sure to choose a beach with manageable waves, especially when traveling with young kids.
- Meantime you can plan fun activities. By day, you can go hiking on nearby trails, have a great beach picnic, go surfing, play Frisbee, look for dolphins, have a bonfire party, and explore shorelines by cycling. At night, you can camp by the beach, gazing at the stars in the beautiful sky, falling asleep with waves rolling ashore.
- You can hardly find a shade on the beach, so you should protect yourself from the sun: put on sun-protective clothing, bring along plenty of sunscreens, a hat with a wide brim, and sunglasses.
- Staying hydrated is important. Bring a reusable water bottle that you can continually refill. You need to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated while you are exposed to the sun for too long.
- If you will stay a few days on the beach, it's a good idea to pack a cooler with ice to bring your own food, snacks, water, and other beverages. You can take it with you to the beach each day to make you enjoy your own tastier, healthier, and cheaper meals, snacks, and beverages.
- If the beach provides portable showers, make sure to bring a towel in your pack and have some cash on hand in case there is a small fee. If the beach won’t have showers, you can bring a portable solar shower and a shower tent (also you can use it as a cloth change tent).
- Prepare beach leisure essentials to make your family beach trip comfy and enjoyable.
- Beach-friendly water shoes or sandals which can protect your fee ;
- beach chairs you can set up in a comfortable place to Sit or Sunbathe;
- An oversized, plush, and thirsty beach towel;
- Insect repellents;
- A Small but Well-Stocked First Aid Kit;
- Beach Bags;
- Ziploc Bags;
- Trash Bags;
- An All-Terrain Mesh Cart.
Hope you have a great time in the sun, sand, and surf!