Almost all of us like summer as it's the most beautiful season to enjoy the great outdoors. In summer, we can drive to the mountains, camp in the lush greenery forest, and take our kids to go hiking and fishing, watch stars... enjoy the beautiful outdoor life all day! Just as King Camp said: Learn to love outdoors!
But for the first-time campers, choosing the perfect campsite is a big test. Here we will share some useful tips about campsite choosing, by which you can find maximum comfort, convenience, and fun campsite.
1. DETERMINE THE LOCATION OF THE TENT
If you want to watch the sunrise, you can set up your tent on the mountain where you will have a better view and get sunshine earlier. You can pitch your tent door toward the east to get more morning light.
Planning to sleep until 9 am? You can choose a place in the depths of the lush woods, where the sun will not hit directly, then set up a tent.
A map of the campsite can help you find your ideal location faster.
2. KEEP AWAY FROM DANGEROUS PLACES
Never pitch your tent in these dangerous places as:
- Low-lying places, or dry waterways
- Within 100 meters of the stream, and below the water level of the river
- Sandbank in the middle of a river bed or channel
- Coastal reef, or beach near the sea
- Upstream and downstream of the waterfall
- Under cliffs or boulders to prevent loose rubble from falling
- Under steep or soft slopes, especially during camping in the rainy season, be sure to avoid
- Under the dead tree
- In weeds or bushes
- Under the tallest tree in the forest
- Near the toilet or trash can
- Above the tree roots or gravel
3. PERFECT PLACES FOR SETTING UP A TENT
- Good water sources are available nearby
- The terrain is open and relatively sheltered from the wind
- Sandy land covered with tender grass
- There are trees nearby, having a beautiful and quiet environment
- Easy to arrive
4. USE YOUR CAMPING GEAR IN ADVANCE
For a first-time camper, knowing how and where to use camping gear is crucial. You can practice camping in your backyard and familiarize yourself with your camping gear before camping in the wildness.
Surely, using high-performance, portable, comfortable camping gear is the same important as picking the best campsite for a tent.
In this article, we recommend some KingCamp camping tents for those campers who are looking for a perfect family camping tent. You can click here to find one.
Enjoy the great outdoors with KingCamp high-performance, portable, comfortable camping gears.