The finish of summer does not mean the end of the camping season, don't pack your camping gear, not too hot, not too cold - autumn is the perfect season for getting camping.
There is nothing more breathtaking than watching the beauty of crimson and gold of the outdoors when you step out of your tent in the morning. You can walk, hike, cycle or run to explore and experience the stunning scenery that autumn brings.
If you want to try a camping trip in the fall, we will highly recommend some useful guides to you to keep you and your family comfortable during the autumn camping trip.
1. FIND A FAMILY-FRIENDLY CAMPSITE
Many family-friendly campsites will offer exciting activities for the family to keep the children active and happy. So you can try a great variety of cool activities with kids of all ages and give them memories for the rest of their lives.
2. CHOOSE AN IDEAL CAMPING LOCATION
The location of pitching your tent will impact the comfort and safety of your campsite. Then, how to find an ideal location? Remember these tips:
- Choose Flat Ground, where will more likely to give you a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Avoid Hills, no matter on the top, bottom, or middle of a hill, all of these locations has a possibility to pose a threat to your safety.
- Look for a natural windbreak, a more sheltered spots from the wind.
- Consider Sun Exposure: look for a spot that gets some sun for most of the day, the sun will warm up your tent for you.
When choosing a spot to pitch your tent, look for more sheltered spots from the wind, or ones that get some sun for most of the day to warm up your tent for you. Nothing better than waking up to a sun drenched tent that nice and warm when the weather outside is a bit cooler.
3. PREPARE YOUR AUTUMN CAMPING GEAR
Bring some autumn essentials will also make your camping trip comfortable and warm. Here is a fall camping essentials checklist:
- A 3-season tent with a rain fly
- A down sleeping bag
- A sleeping pad
- A Wool or down blanket
- Portable light source
- Ultralight chair
- A tarp or two
- First-aid kit
4. LAYER! LAYER! LAYER!
How to keep you and your family cozy, dry, and warm while hiking or camping? An ancient but useful method is to bring layering clothing, which can make you comfortable by slipping layers on and off according to your activity level or the weather changes.
Here is a checklist of layer clothing for autumn camping:
- Moisture-wicking underwear
- Moisture-wicking T-shirts
- Quick-drying pants/shorts
- Long-sleeve shirts
- Lightweight fleece or jacket
- Boots or shoes suited to the terrain
- Long underwear
- Warm insulated jacket or vest
- Fleece pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Warm hat
5. ENJOY DELICIOUS FOOD
From breakfast to lunch to dinner, delicious and hot food not only can warm you up but also make your camping trip cozy and colorful. So remember carrying lightweight, professional cookware, dishes & utensils to cook delicious meals by you. Ensured you can get enough energy even in wildness.
Let's go for an Autumnal camping trip!