A checklist is one of the high powered tools, especially a travel planning checklist, which can tell you do what before you leave. You can use KingCamp's travel planning checklist-to organize your trip to-do list and prepare for your next adventure.
1. DECIDE ON YOUR TOP DESTINATIONS
- Make a destination list, and ranked by importance, interest, and convenience, then decide the final destination by comparing price, trip length, destinations, and/or route;
- Decide on your trip dates;
- Apply for a passport or make sure the one you have will be valid at least 6 months beyond your last travel date;
- Research necessary visas;
2. START PLANNING YOUR BUDGET
- Dig a little deeper info through Google, create a day-by-day itinerary, including where you’re staying, what you’ll be doing;
- Start planning your budget. Set a price goal and then add 25% to it, just in case;
- Book accommodations;
- Book airline tickets, reserve rental cars, etc;
- Purchase tickets for any events or attractions.
3. DO THESE BEFORE YOU SET OFF
- Tell your family and friends about your trip plan;
- Figure out what to do with your house/apt, bills, car, mail, pets, etc.
- Set up frequent flyer accounts.
- Buy or download guidebooks or destination apps to take with you.
- Pay bills that will be due during your time away
- Acquire no-fee international credit cards.
- Request a spare debit card from your bank.
- Pack essentials you need when travel.
4. MAKE THE SHOPPING LIST
- Supplies and gear for your destination;
- Gifts for yourself and your family;
- Gifts for your hosts if you’re staying in someone’s home;
- Gifts for friends and neighbors who take of your house, lawn, or pets.