“AT CAMP, KIDS TRY NEW THINGS, BUILD CONFIDENCE AND BECOME LEADERS.”
So we need to take our children to camp frequently. But during this special period of having to stay at home, when your kids seeking a camping adventure, there’s no reason to look further than your own backyard. Not only is backyard camping really convenient, but it is also safer.
Therefore invite your kids to experience a camp trip in your backyard. Here are some ideas and ways to With Kids camp in your backyard, which will keep kids Busy at their new "campsite".
1. CAMPING GEAR PREPARATION
Let the kids pitch a tent, or just help set up the tent – handing you layer, or poles– which will really make them feel like they’re part of the camping action!
TOP 5 MUST-HAVE PRODUCTS FOR INDOOR CAMPING:
Airbed Mattress with Built-in Foam Pump KM3606
2. DIY CAMPING ACCESSORIES
It is convenient to purchase camping accessories for your little ones, but DIY camping accessories will be more interesting and can exercise kids' handmade abilities and imagination.
- DIY binoculars: Take two empty rolls of toilet paper and tape them together, to mimic binoculars;
- DIY lantern: Toss some glow sticks into a glass jar, or take an old milk jug and wrap a headlamp around it, and turn the headlamp on, they will provide some light in the dark night.
- DIY naturally repels mosquitoes: Toss some rosemary or sage into the firepit, it will give off a scent that naturally repels mosquitoes
3. DAYTIME GAMES
You can try these good daytime games to let the whole kids just hang out together:
- corn hole
- ring toss
The fun really begins when the sun goes down. Stargazing is so much fun, and it is always fun to see who can find a constellation. With binoculars or telescopes, Star chart, you and your kids can explore the universe.
8 BEST STARGAZING APPS:
- NASA App
- Star Walk 2
- SkyView Free
- Star Chart
- Night Sky
- Sky Map
- Solar Walk
5. PLAYING CARDS
Do your kids know how to play a game of Rummy or Rolling Stone?
10 CLASSIC CARD GAMES THAT YOU CAN PLAY TOGETHER WITH YOUR KIDS WHILE CAMPING:
- Crazy eights;
- Snip, snap, snorem;
- Go fish;
- Beggar my neighbour;
- Old maid.
6. BOARD GAMES
It's a good way to relax your kids with board games after a long time of physical activities in the backyard.
9 BEST BOARD GAMES FOR BACKYARD CAMPING:
- Dice and board games for camping;
- Hive Pocket;
- Azul; quarto;
- Trekking the national parks;
- Connect four.
Summer nights, fireflies, flashlights, tents... these books about camping in the great outdoors can make your kids more immersed in backyard camping. You can read these camping books together with your kids while camping:
TOP 7 MUST-READ BOOKS FOR BACKYARD CAMPING:
- Three Days on a River in a Red Canoe
- A Camping Spree With Mr. Magee
- Bailey Goes Camping
- Stella and Roy Go Camping
- Angelina and Henry
- S Is for S'mores: A Camping Alphabet
8. TELL SCARY STORIES OF FUNNY STORIES
One of the things that kids most look forward to during while backyard camping is gathering around the fire to tell scary stories or funny stories.
10 BEST CAMPFIRE STORIES FOR KIDS:
- Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping
- Flesh-eating Rabid Zombie Chipmunks
- The Purple Gorilla
- golden hand
- The Ball Pit
- The lady with the emerald ring
- Going on a Bear Hunt
- The Pink Jellybean
- The Ballad of Johnny O’Dell
- The Open Window
9. WATCH OUTDOOR MOVIE
An Outdoor Movie is a really cool and amazing relaxing way for kids. If you have a projector, you can use a white wall as a screen!
TOP 8 MUST-WATCH KIDS MOVIE:
- The parent trap
- The Adventures of Spin & Marty
- Detective Pikachu
- Toy Story
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World