Hiking in the wood, trekking in the sunshine, lying by the campfire, sleeping under the stars...sounds very romantic, and indeed it is, but it also means to be accompanied by sweat, dust, and dirt. So you must remember to pack essential hygiene products to maintain personal hygiene, especially camping or hiking in these areas where bathing and washing system are not perfect.
Here is a list of Hygiene essentials for the hikers/campers.
COMMON CLEAN HYGIENE PRODUCTS:
- Baby Wipes. Easy to pack, great smelling, and can be used on many occasions.
- Hand Sanitizer. It can make your hands clean immediately, doesn't require water.
- Toilet paper
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
SOME QUICK CLEAN HYGIENE PRODUCTS:
- Paper soap. Take one and place it on the body part you want to wash, add water and lather until the paper dissolves.
- Dry Shampoo. You can simply brush out your hair, apply the shampoo, and allow it to dry the natural oils, requiring no water.
- Multifunctional clean products. Multifunctional clean products can be used as face wash, shampoo, mouthwash, body wash, and laundry detergent at the same time, such as Dr. Bronners.
- Mouthwash. You can bring Mouthwash instead of toothpaste and a regular toothbrush.
TAKING A SHOWER
- Solar shower. You can get a shower in a lake or river, but if you want a comfortable hot water shower, you can take a solar shower with you.
- Biodegradable soap. You can enjoy your soap without worrying about clogging the environment with any soap residue or unused pieces.
- Lightweight, quick-drying microfiber towel. It has a super absorbent, quick-drying, soft feeling, and antibacterial, which can be easy, cleaned just by hand washing.
DEALING WITH A PERIOD WHILE BACKPACKING
- You can use a menstrual cup-the the washable kind made of silicone-for dealing with periods on the trail. It is the most eco-friendly option.
- Another option is using disposable products, such as pads and tampons. Remember that you need to pack out the used ones when you're done.
Pack these Hygiene essentials to have a clean & adventurous hiking/camping trip.