There is no doubt that staying at home is the safest way to protect yourself and others during 2020. But with the opening of campsites and states and counties, more and more people hope to start a trip. Is it safe to travel again? How to protect ourselves and our family?
In this article, we will offer some Do's & Don'ts advice for minimizing risks while traveling.
1. ABOUT DESTINATION
Don'ts: Start a trip without doing any research on the destination in advance.
- Check the state and region you’re visiting for restrictions and requirements. Avoid going to those known coronavirus hotspots;
- Check travel sites. Avoid that place or that area that had negative reviews or anything concerning.
2. ABOUT FLYING
Don'ts: Choose a busy airport, and refuse to wear a mask on an airplane.
- Choose and fly out of a smaller, less busy airport;
- Wear a mask and pack enough disinfectant wipes;
- Wipe down all hard surfaces around your seat on the plane
3. ABOUT THE HOTEL
Don'ts: Choose a hotel without any research.
Do detailed research, especially check with them about their cleaning and safety protocols. Make sure you choose somewhere that is reputable and has good reviews.
- Clean and sanitize your temporary home, including tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, the phone, keyboards, especially the bathroom, the handles, the faucets and, especially, the sink itself;
- Clean and sanitize yourself and your suitcase, clothes, shoes;
- Using your sleeping bag instead of the bedspread and decorative pillows of the hotel;
- Using your own water bottle instead of the glassware in the hotel;
- Bring a plastic bag and put the remote control in it.
4. ABOUT SOCIAL
Don'ts: Go to crowded social places such as bars, shopping malls, restaurants.
Always think about how to keep a physical distance from other people. That's still the No. 1 preventative action.
- Always keep wearing a face mask in public
- Continue to follow the same safety practices you would at home, such as avoid touching your face, cover your coughs and sneezes, avoid going to those crowded enclosed indoor spaces, and isolate anyone who shows possible COVID-19 symptoms...
- Keep away from crowded areas, including farmers markets, grocery store, restaurants, other any other unfamiliar communities.
Hope you have a happy and safe trip!