If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.
Many people like the sense of security that a large suitcase brings when traveling, but more people prefer to travel with just a carryon bag for several days. Because with a carryon bag, you don't need to fear that your checked bag will get lost or waste time at the baggage carousel, even better, you can avoid exorbitant baggage fees.
Not only help you save a lot of time, packing light can also save hassle on your trip. But it's not an easy thing to travel with a carry-on bag, especially when you’re a girl or traveling in winter. But, yes, it can be done with some tips! In this article, we will recommend these useful tips that can help you pack for 1 week in 1 carry-on bag.
First, you need to choose 1 weekender bag (or small duffle bags so long as they fit within the airline’s size restrictions). Then, you need to pack clothes for a week’s trip.
Below is a list of clothing packaging for reference：
- 6 tops
- 4 bottoms
- 2 dresses
- 3 shoes (tennis, dressy ballet flats, and sandals)
- 2 bathing suits
- 10 undies and 4 bras
- A black dress-use (for a beach cover-up or a night out)
Pack those clothes which can work for other purposes. Try to pack synthetic fabrics that won’t wrinkle easily.
Keep all your beauty products and toiletries in one bag and make sure all of your liquids are 3.4 ounces or less to avoid pay to check them.
Some packing tricks you can get:
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them, thus you will save space
- Ensures that they get packed as tightly as possible and you minimize any leftover spaces or crevices
- You can squeeze in things like sandals, socks, and underwear in a crevice or two in your roller bag
- You can wear your heavier clothing, such as a coat or hoodie to save more space for your carryon bag
- Pack an extra tote bag to carry extra things
Some useful bags & cubes for your packing:
- Use space saver bags especially when you need to pack winter attire: it is a great way to condense your clothes and free up twice the space
- Use tissue paper: it helps prevent wrinkles in dress shirts
- Pack plastic zip bags-use them for dirties, swimwear & toiletries
- Use packing cubes-use for electronic cords, jewelry, intimates
- Use mint boxes-they are great for keeping earrings secure
One last thing to remember, don’t overpack your luggage, 75 percent full is suitable, as you may want to leave room for souvenirs. Hope you have a light trip!